Wednesday, November 21, 2007

#13 Tagging, folksonomies & social bookmarking in Del.icio.us

Similar to LibraryThing, Del.icio.us offers us a way to view other people's choices, introducing us to new ideas or more of what interests us, simply by following other people's favourites. Del.icio.us however, is not just limited to book titles and authors, but any subject matter. It is a nice way to share interests. The "portability" of favourite links is also a good idea. I know I can't remember all of the sites I have bookmarked over time, and I have even lost all of my bookmarks at times for reasons such as getting a new computer at home, or computer update at work. At least this way, I can take my favourites with me wherever I go. A person could easily get carried away with the exploration aspect and the discoveries that are there to be made.

DD

No comments:

Fortune's Rocks at Photobucket

Diggly"s Roll


Powered by Rollyo