Thursday, November 29, 2007

#18 Web-based Apps: They're not just for desktops

For this discovery exercise we were asked to create a Zoho account which I have done. I've had a play with Zoho features but can't really see myself using Zoho. I can understand why someone might want to use Zoho. Zoho saves space on computers by not having to have certain programs installed, but still being able to access them. An internet connection is still required though.

Personally I'd rather keep my personal stuff to myself and not have it floating about the internet somewhere. I realize documents can be made public, or not public, or you can specify who can view your documents, but I know now I will never use this in my personal life. In work however, is a different story and may be useful in that several people can view the same document without having it saved on their computers....such as the Staff Tracking Log which was created with Google Docs.

DD

No comments:

Fortune's Rocks at Photobucket

Diggly"s Roll


Powered by Rollyo