Friday, October 19, 2007

#8 RSS & #9 Finding Feeds

I am very new to RSS feeds. At first, I found it rather daunting and confusing, but I think it was my apprehension which was causing the problems. I left it for a few days (procrastinated) and came back to it today after a bit of an absence. All of a sudden, it clicked, made sense and my baying has ceased!

So I created a Bloglines account for myself and can now see how subscribing to RSS feeds can save time by not having to visit each favourite site or blog separately. It could also become quite time consuming if you have subscribed to many feeds and were to read them all!

I've had a look at the suggested search tools for news feeds. I've had more of a play today and find I like Google blog search the best. I have found that checking some of my old favourite sites and looking for the RSS feed button to be quite useful. I'd never noticed the little orange button before.

On some sites, there is no orange button on the page of interest but a link to use in your feeder. These are not alway so obvious. Quite a few sites still don't have the RSS facility and may lose readers because of this. I feel I've made quite a useful discovery with this exercise. I am pleased with the results of this diggin' discovery exercise. How about a bay of excitement from this sniffer dog?

DD

No comments:

Fortune's Rocks at Photobucket

Diggly"s Roll


Powered by Rollyo